Because I didn’t feel like doing a multiple tweet rant:
A lot of things have gotten under my skin recently and I just feel the need to defend myself & others.
1. I do not think I am “high & mighty” or “better than others”, as quite a few people have told me. NEVER have I thought this, and I never will. I am no better or lesser than anyone else and I see us all as equals.
A. I do not think what I say goes & everyone must listen to it. This is a common misunderstanding, as I’ve seen. When I tweet or rant, I’m literally just saying how I feel. I’m not expecting everyone to fall at my feet & agree or obey my every word. I KNOW that many people disagree with my opinions on MANY topics & I accept that. I don’t try to change their opinion, I don’t say that mine is right and theirs is wrong. I know everyone has their own opinions and own ways of interpreting things and I’m not expecting, not intending, for anyone to follow everything I tweet.
2. Popularity. I don’t think I’m right because of popularity or follower count. Literally, it’s just a number on a web page. Sometimes people follow you & they forget. Follower count honestly doesn’t matter to me & I’m constantly shocked that so many people do follow my account because there’s so many other quality accounts around. Now, some people have said that I think everything I say is right and that I lead the fandom or think I’m the queen of it because of my follower count. This couldn’t be any farther from the truth! I don’t think I’m the leader or anything of the fandom. At all. I am not and I honestly don’t think there is a leader (other might disagree but again, to each his own). Also, do not fault any of us for not following everyone back or having a very small follow number. I have learned that all of us can be very particular about our timeline, how it looks & what we see. It’s honestly just how we want it to be and we don’t want to change or mess it up.
3. I AM HUMAN. I MAKE MISTAKES. I AM NOT 100% CORRCT. I DON’T ALWAYS DO RIGHT. I cannot stress that enough. I make mistakes. I take things the wrong way or I handle situations the wrong way. Sometimes I don’t let the situation sink in and I rant or whatever solely on the initial emotion I feel when something happens. This can lead to drama or misunderstandings or bad ways of dealing with things. I have admitted multiple times that while yes, my feelings haven’t changed necessary, my opinion on how I should have handled the situation has changed. I admit that sometimes I act rashly and don’t think situations through clearly. I wish that some situations of the past have been handled better on my part but I cannot change the past and can only hope to learn from my mistakes (which I am trying to do).
4. RauraHQ. Literally, it started as a joke from a tumblr ask way back when and spiraled. We do NOT think of ourselves as higher than others. RauraHQ literally means “Raura Head Quarters”. It’s literally the place for anything & everything Raura with no fangirling clutter, and with easy access to what you desire. That’s all it is, just a group of friends who trust each other to be able to keep up with this task as much as possible.
5. My friends & I are different. DON’T CLUMP US TOGETHER. I honestly feel terrible about this one. I constantly rant and sometimes, I do handle things wrongly, I don’t think things through, and I say my feelings on things which, often times, are unpopular. I’m VERY vocal about my opinion and I understand the backlash I may receive for it. I understand that my opinion often differs than many others and that’s okay with me and that will not stop me from voicing it. If you don’t like my opinions, what I talk about, or how I handle things then unfollow. Literally, MOST OF THE DRAMA OR BULLSHIT COME FROM MY UNFILTERED RANTS. I will admit to that & that’s my fault! However, do NOT pin my rants to my friends. We are all different, we have disagreements with each other and don’t always like what one of us may be doing. I honestly hate how they get bullshit for things I say or something I do. It is not their fault but mine and they should not be persecuted for my words, sometimes which they don’t agree with. It is not right.
6. Sick and tired of constantly being seen as the bad guy. My friends & I have often been seen as the bad group or “mean girls”. In reality, some of them are the SWEETEST POSSIBLE PEOPLE YOU COULD EVER TALK TO and it’s not fair that they are subjected to “guilt by association” because of a few people. I understand where some people come from when they think some of us are mean, because I honestly don’t always like others actions as well, but it is not fair to label an entire group of best friends because of a few people. I’ve seen people tell me that I think I’m better than others because I don’t respond to anyone that’s not my friend. Responding to people is not an obligation, it’s a choice. Although I will let you know that I don’t check my mentions that often but when I do, I try to reply to almost EVERY single tweet I was sent. It may be a few weeks later but I will respond. I just don’t check my mentions enough. I’ve also seen people see us as the bad guy because of our opinions. We rant and talk to each other about our opinions constantly. It’s ridiculous that some people see us being vocal about our opinions or disagreeing with others as being mean or being the bad guy (granted some of the ways I handled this weren’t the best & I can see where others come from but it is not the intention). We are just vocalizing how we feel and there is no right or wrong to feelings. Sometimes we challenge others feelings, but simply because we’re curious and want to understand where they are coming from. Not malicious reasoning behind it.
7. Being mean. I apologize if I come off as mean but it’s honestly not my intention. I understand how my unfiltered rants can come off that way and some people can take it that way but my intention is NEVER to be mean. I NEVER intend to hurt anyone, I never want to. I apologize if you feel that way.
I ALSO apologize if you read that incredibly long rant. It’s just some things I’ve noticed & have needed to get off my chest.
P.S.: I probably left out a lot of things and I probably messed up a bit and I’ll probably want to edit this later but not, so this is just a warning.